Monday, August 03, 2009

ON SOCIALS

For both of my loyal readers, I apologize for the lapse in posting. I had vacation for a week, then a week full of meetings and updates, which led to little time for blogging. It's also nice to be able to refresh the brain, topic-wise, instead of worrying about meeting a self-imposed deadline.

I had two get-togethers over the weekend with my co-workers. Friday night's was not to my liking; despite having more time to prepare for it mentally, I went in prepared to be the spoiler, and to "party poop," if you will. Got there and was just kind of out of it and asocial, heading to the back room to watch TV as everyone else talked. Granted, the X Games were on, and it was awesome to see Travis Pastrana attempt a trick and crash horribly, but still...looking back, I feel as though I should have made more of an effort to be social.

I got called for a second get-together on Saturday night. Since I felt so negative about my attitude from Friday night, I made it a point to go on Saturday. It ended up being a really good time; we played Trivial Pursuit and my team won. [I may have said in the past about how I hate playing trivia games, because the expectations are always there for me to do well.] When I left, I felt pretty good about our time together.

Maybe it's that I spend so much time with off-campus friends, that I often forget about my on-campus friends and the opportunities they provide, and the very different aspects of my personality that come out with them. It ended up being a fun weekend; amazing, considering I was on duty for the entire time.

1 comment:

Dragon Beard said...

I'd hope I am one of those on campus friends, or am atleast in contention for the position. And if you ever want to hang out, I tend to be very asocial myself(so I tend not to have plans, haha)

also, I'm coming to campus Wednesday, and will probably stop by and try to get into PD to say hello