Friday, July 10, 2009

ON TURNING 31

As I look at the past year of my life (since I wrote "On Turning 30," which really kicked off the "On ____" blogging thing for me, even if I didn't start doing daily updates until much later), I have a few actual highlights from the past year.

* Starting the weekly Chuck and Brad podcast has been a trip. The fact that we have listeners that aren't directly friends with either of us is alternately gratifying and terrifying.

* I have probably been less unconfident in my self over the past year, including the astounding realization that I am not as repulsive as I honestly believed for most of my life.

* Improv-ly speaking, we not only had the chutzpah to give up a standard weekly gig to strike out on our own to support our own vision of improv.

* I have watched a lot of movies and read a lot of books, and thought about them in a critical way, rather than blanket statements such as "That was bad."

* I've written something like 200 blog posts, hitting almost every weekday since the end of September. In doing so, I've started to become more comfortable writing about myself.

* I've been a happier person - not that I don't have my down moments, but on the whole, I've really been less depressed than in years past.

Thanks for everything.

2 comments:

The Teej said...

your welcome brad, thank you for enriching our lives this past year as well

Chuck Staton said...

Brad - I hope you continue to be an active part of my life, and I yours, well into the future. I honestly think we can do great things together.

I really think a big part of you is the role of creator, and I'm glad to have been a big part of what you've created this past year (and vice-versa). It's not always easy to find a few people that you can really work well with and have very similar ideas in what's great. That's an important part of creation.
Might have something to do with that happiness. Just a guess. It could have been chili cheese fries all along.